Latest News from Colorado
- US Veterans Denied Pain Medications Over Medical Marijuana Use
November 10 – As the US prepares to honor its veterans on Veteran’s Day, California NORML has been receiving phone calls and emails from vets who are being told by their VA doctors that they must choose between their prescription pain medications or their medical marijuana.
- Two Veterans Tell Their Story: VA Hospitals in Southern California Deny Medical Marijuana Patients Their Prescription Meds
- California Cities Vote to Tax Marijuana; Northern CA Cultivation Measures Fail
November 5, 2014 – California voters at the local level continue to favor taxing marijuana, but aren’t sure the want to see it grown, or sold.
- Prof. Madras Defends US Government Position on Marijuana Scheduling at Court Hearing in Sacramento
October 30 – The fourth and fifth days of U.S. court hearings before Judge Kimberly Mueller on the constitutionality of marijuana’s schedule one classification was spent in cross-examining the government’s only witness, Dr. Bertha Madras, Professor of Psychobiology at the Harvard School of Medicine.
- Government Witness to Defend Marijuana’s Schedule One Status Today
October 29 – Dr. Bertha Madras will take the stand today in federal court in Sacramento to defend her declaration arguing that marijuana should remain in Schedule One (no accepted medical use; high potential for abuse).
- Day Two of Scheduling Hearings: Drs. Carl Hart and Philip Denney Take the Stand
October 28 – Dr. Carl Hart (right) left the witness stand as unscathed as Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner following his masterful testimony on cross-examination by US Attorney Gregory Broderick yesterday.
- Day One Testimony in Federal Marijuana Rescheduling Hearing
October 24 – Dr. Gregory Carter was cross-examined by video today in Judge Kimberly J. Mueller’s federal courtroom in Sacramento, after Carter submitted a declaration in support of defendants’ claim in United States v. Pickard, et. al. that there is no rational basis to treat marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance.
- SF Federal Court Rules Warrantless Medical Marijuana Raids in Lake County Violate U.S. Constitution
October 15 – Federal District Court Judge Thelton Henderson ruled yesterday that medical marijuana patients have demonstrated a strong likelihood of prevailing at trial on their claim that law enforcement raids in Lake County unconstitutionally violate their Fourth Amendment rights.
- Statewide Reform Group Endorses “No on A” in Shasta County
October 14 – California NORML, the state chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, has endorsed the No on Measure A campaign in Shasta county.
- Over 20,000 Arrested in California on Marijuana Charges in 2013
October 5, 2014 – According to the California Attorney General’s office, there were 13,779 felony and 6,567 misdemeanor marijuana arrests in California in 2013.
WELCOME TO ROCKY MOUNTAIN REMEDIES
We were the first dispensary in Northwest Colorado, opening our doors in August, 2009. Through rigorous work attending city council meetings and meeting privately with elected officials, police, zoning, planning, and public safety officials, we have assured safe access to medicine and protected patient rights in Steamboat Springs.
We understand that the medicine we provide works best in conjunction with other therapies, which is why we have a large network of healthcare providers who work closely with us to provide other beneficial services to our patients. These connections would not have been possible if not for our deep roots in the community, and a compassionate understanding of the people of Steamboat Springs. Our 4+ decades of background in the service industry ensures that your needs will be met and exceeded by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Our political advocacy ensures the rights of the community, and answers to any questions you may have. Come on in and see why we are the local’s choice for medicinal cannabis!